Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's been 14 days suckers!

So it's been 14 days today. That is if I manage to stay off the booze today.

I am going to start to distance myself from sobriety as a topic of discussion and move towards more of a day to day movement toward finding enlightening and mood fullfilling activities to take up my time between drinking. Does this mean I will drink again one day? I don't know, maybe. I think that, as my girlfriend put it, I can't just stand up and say drinking is wrong and then hang it up on a cross and tell everyone to believe in it. That'd be asking too much, and demanding a lot. Simply I am going to increase the intervals between use. Whether it be a month, a week, a year, and have a direction/purpose to alleviate myself from the daily need to consume alcohol.

I've come up with a plan.

I am going to allot myself 7 dollars a week for me to use on a dashing, fleeting, and completely self-fulfilling consumable. One week it might be a delicious bowl of Pho Noodle. One week it might be a huge murderous carnitas burrito. Another week it might be blanking out at a local arcade machine with a soda pop. Another week might be cruising the mall with a smoothie and people watching. Another week might be new strings for my guitar. Some weeks I'll do nothing with it and just save it. This will accomplish a great deal of things:

1. Make my life simpler, less expensive, and more thought-provoking.

2. Make sobriety easier to deal with.

3. Make a non-sober moment something out of the ordinary and special, rather than daily and monotonous.

Here's a big rah rah for half way there!

1 comment:

  1. And also, when you gain control of it, instead of it controlling you, you'll be able to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a beer with the grilled sausage. It won't be this "thing." Just a nice addition to your meal, like a side of veggies. It's really more about consuming in moderation and being in control. But that's for later, if you decide to. For now, just keep doing what you're doing now.

    Hurray for you! And me! We've accomplished a ton in the past two weeks.

    ReplyDelete